Four Years in Jiu-Jitsu



Four years ago on January 30, 2017, I took my first jiu-jitsu lesson at One Spirit Martial Arts in Herndon, VA. It was a Gracie Combatives lesson. Someone took photos for the school's social media pages, and I ended up barely appearing in the back row of one of the photos. 

In March it will be one year since I stopped training due to Covid-19. Since then I have been trying to keep mentally and physically engaged with jiu-jitsu, despite not attending classes at the academy.

For example, beginning on January 1, I started my "90 Days with Danaher" program. Every day I watch a John Danaher instructional. I started with the first two volumes of Feet to Floor, then continued with Go Further Faster 1 Pin and Turtle Escapes. I am now in the second volume, Go Further Faster 2 Guard Retention. I take notes on each video and screen captures for private reference. 

Go Further Faster 1 Pin and Turtle Escapes screen capture with annotation

Each day I share a few screen captures to my Martial Vitality social media. You can see them with the Instagram #90dayswithDanaher tag, or at Twitter or Facebook

I do not plan to return to OSMA until I get vaccinated, and I see the overall Covid prevalence rates trending to low levels in my state. I'm looking forward to returning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing But the Best for My Stuff

Quit Playing Games with My Heart

Passing My BJJ Blue Belt Test