I Am Indeed Recovering from Shoulder Surgery


I wanted to share in a quick post that I am indeed recovering from shoulder surgery! In my last note I said that I had a rotator cuff and bicep tear repair operation on April 27, 2021. 

The first month after the operation were much tougher than I expected, probably due to the bicep tear complication. I had a very difficult time sleeping and managing pain. I did not experience much of any relief until the 5th week, at the beginning of June. Since then I have made great strides. My physical therapy has been extremely helpful, although I've had a few setbacks.

I had hoped to return to jiu-jitsu in the fall, but I doubt I will do that due to the delta and other Covid variants. I am immuno-compromised, so although I am fully vaccinated I am at risk for a breakthrough infection.

This is disappointing, but I started a new routine of watching a martial arts (usually jiu-jitsu or judo) instructional video every day. Check out Instagram or Facebook or Twitter for more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing But the Best for My Stuff

Quit Playing Games with My Heart

Passing My BJJ Blue Belt Test